My sweet Spencer's birthday was two days ago. I can't believe he is already 8! He is getting baptized on March 9th. I have been invited to the Baptism. I hope I can be there. Shane was nice and took me out to dinner for Spencer's Birthday. We went to Applebee's. I also got a cupcake from sweet tooth fairy. super yummy! I looked through all the pictures of Spencer. They grow up so fast. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was pregnant with him, feeling him kick and seeing him for the first time. His first cry, coo's. I will always remember those two days I had with him in the hospital and the wonderful visits I have had since. I am so glad I have an open adoption and I'm able to still have a relationship with him and his parents.
White tigers are my favorite animal. Mike and Audrey gave me one at placement. I named him Jaden which is what I was calling Spencer while I was pregnant. He is my comfort stuffed animal whenever I had a hard time after placing Spencer I held him and cried.
Eating at Applebee's.
Red Velvet cupcake to celebrate Spencer's birthday!
Placement 2/29/04 four hearts connected.
First time holding Spencer.
Placing Spencer into Audrey's arms.
Today is leap day. I placed Spencer 8 years ago today. It is only the 2nd anniversary though. I am glad I only have to deal with placement day every 4 years but it also makes it seem like a shorter time has passed. I do feel a little down and sad today. Placement was bitter sweet. It's hard to express those feelings. I am so glad Spencer has a loving family that is able to provide everything he needs and more that I wasn't able to give him at that time.
Fatherly love. This was at placement and I could tell Mike loved Spencer instantly as his own.
I recently watched a movie called Couragous that is about 4 Father's. It reconfirmed my decision to place Spencer. I knew if i had single parented he wouldn't have had a father. It was very important to me that he have a father that loves him, could teach him and be an example to him. Mike is an amazing father. I couldn't have asked for anything more. Spencer is Mike's buddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment