Yesterday was 8 years since my decision to place my son for adoption. I watched my neice for a few days and had a glimpse of how hard it could have been to raise a child alone. I'm glad Spencer has two parents to love him. He gets everything he needs and more. He will be a big brother this November and I'm so excited for him! I am grateful to have an open adoption and get letters, pictures and visits.
Yesterday was also my first date since the divorce. I went with my friend Dan that I have known for about 8 years. We went to an italian restraunt. It was very good. I loved the Geleto! I bought Dan a cupcake for his birthday. They had a girl singer at the restraunt and I dedicated "Danny boy" to Dan. Dan helped me to set some new goals and I hope i'm able to keep them up. After that we went to my friend Stephanie's wedding open house. It was nice to see her and some other friends. I loved that they had a fire going in the back yard. Hopefully I can see them again soon.
I start going to a singles ward today. I like the ward. The spirit was strong in Sacrament and RS. I talked to several people mostly girls. I actually know a few people from previous wards/school. I'm excited to meet new people my age and be able to go to FHE, Ward Prayer etc. I think it will be good for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment